Thursday 15 April 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Mrs Doris Wood 90 years young today

The Statistics Counter attached to this Blog still intrigues me, which yesterday showed no fewer than 456 visitors from 17 countries the majority of whom I could not possibly know. So, I would be taking a guess to say I do know the person who is likely my most 'senior' reader. The mother of my boyhood friends John and Robert Wood, formally of Chilwell, Notts (where Mum still resides) is 90, yes NINETY, years old today. John tells me, given the passage of time, she is still in good health, totally self sufficient and determinedly independent. When I handed her card of congratulations to the shopkeeper, I simply said, "I hope to receive one of these in the future", but I am so thrilled to be able to make an 'early post' this morning, and will raise a glass this evening to a remarkable lady. Long may such days return Mrs Wood, you are a 'one off' and will be foremost in my thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment