Thursday 19 December 2013

To the Thames - Heroic Cuplet

O could I flow like thee, and make thy stream
My great example, as it is my theme!
Though deep yet clear, though gentle yet not dull;
Strong without rage, without o'erflowing full.
Another day of heavy rain and high wind, not ideal for driving back from London, but the 'gain' would be worth any amount of 'pain'!
 Yesterday evening we did find a bit of a break in the weather
and took a stroll along the bank of the River Thames.
The 'cuplet' (set to music) is a song remembered from my school days.
We found our way to the
CHRISTMAS FAIR
which despite the weather and lack of people was fantastic.
We managed to squeeze in a Bratwurst Dog
before heading home for a bedtime story
and FRED collecting a few friends
The 'theme card' in the Advent Calendar was to
"dress like the 3 Wise Men".
There are 3 Wise Men if ever I saw them, and then it was time for
me to head south.
All else was the view from the bedroom window
of a rapidly swelling River Stour.
More tomorrow I hope!
Entry          Pageviews
United States
               888
United Kingdom
               862
Poland
               188
Germany
                 75
Russia
                 63
Estonia
                 35
China
                 32
Canada
                 25
France
                 12
Philippines
                   9

No comments:

Post a Comment