Thursday 1 May 2014

My (Our) Little Girl - Tim McGraw

Our Little Girl - Link
Warning - do not Click Link unless you have a tissue to hand.
PLEASE ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE TO YOU
ELIZABETH LOUISE YORK
MY GRANDDAUGHTER
 Not even a hour old and already
taking after her Grandpa!
 A little later in the day and complete with new clothes and a
 little frown she's ready for another nap.
Which reminds me ZZZzzzzzz!
 A little less than one day old and after a good nights sleep,
so Mummy tells me, the wrinkles are gone and it's back to the
Land of Nod - yes most definitely destined to be a Sea Captain this one!
Now for another startling revelation - at 12:00 precisely today, complete
with kit-bag and hammock and after exactly one year to the minute here, I left
'HARBINS' FARMHOUSE
to seek my own fortune in the Greater, Wider World.
Afterglow - Genesis
Like the dust that settles all around me,
I must find a new home.
The ways and holes that used to give me shelter,
Are all as one to me now.
I would have been at Harbins earlier had I not given Paul and Tess and Janet different days for my departure/arrival - but that's history!
 I feel it would be safe to say that during this 'all too quick' 12 months the friendship between Hugh and Janet Dampney and myself has become as solid as a friendship can ever be. Not only that, it is also considered that I have become something of a established (let's say) 'associate member' of this fine family. Certainly a day of reminiscing for me and wondering if they ALL could have been just a little more kindly towards me? During this period I have eaten some of the finest and most diverse food of my life, both Hugh and Janet being accomplished cooks, certainly on par with anyone to appear on Master Chef. Add to that a cellar of fine wines and numerous visits to excellent quality restaurants, I do believe they were at least trying to please me? Then came the 'outside' visits including a trip to Wembley Stadium to see England play San Marino, followed by a return trip to thoroughly enjoy witnessing Wigan belittle the mighty Manchester City in the FA Cup Final - I am no football pundit, but sure as hell love an 'underdog'. Then came the Rugby, first sharing a 'box', with food and drink provided, to watch Bath play Ospreys at their home ground followed by a trip to Twickenham where England once again showed Australia the way to play. The latter would have been kindness enough on its own, but Hugh had also invited my Australian Son in Law to join us with the 'banter' - need I say more. There were then 2 trips to their house in France where again fine food and wine featured strongly, while the 'birding' included Griffon Vulture and Black-shouldered Kite.
As for the rest of the family, well decide for yourself and then if thought necessary send in some Red Cross parcels! Food continued to be key at most of our meetings and when H and J were away on any weekend, in would step her Mum and Dad with an invitation to join them for a fine 'Sunday roast'. When Ladies Beach Volleyball Olympian Zara wed New Zealander Kirk her Father (Hugh's elder brother) Trelawney and wife Gwenn Dampney invited me to the happy couple's wedding breakfast where, after a casual comment about the families favourite football team Southampton, resulted in a visit to St Mary's to see them play Manchester City. A great day was had by all. On celebration days it was off to Hugh's Mum's for Brioche and Madeira Wine, Boxing Day at the family home of Janet's brother (although I still feel they coped very well with my continuous mention of missing the BrĂ¼nnich's Guillemot found that day at Portland) and even an invite to youngest family member Ethan's Birthday Party and the wedding of eldest son Daryl and his bride to be Cath at the end of this month. So, as you can see they could have done a lot better and if they should ever invite me back, feel sure they will try even harder!!!!
THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO THE DAMPNEY and WICKHAM FAMILIES
For myself (me, me, me, me, Me), the intent is to spend some time wandering East Dorset and West Hampshire for a few days before making another Life Changing decision - I have a few things in mind and will let you know as and when. This may mean Communication Breakdown from time to time due to unavailability of Internet, but don't go away.
 After all that excitement a few more specimens from the Moth Traps over the past few days. * indicates new to the property, while # shows new for the year.
 SCALLOPED HOOK-TIP#
 STREAMER*
 MAY HIGHFLIER*
 PEBBLE PROMINENT#
 PALE PROMINENT*
 The bizarre
 COXCOMB PROMINENT*
 GREY DAGGER?
or likely so as positive ID can only be qualified by dissection
so I am reliable told by a learn'ed friend.
 SHUTTLE-SHAPED DART
a notably 'pale' specimen.
 GARDEN BUMBLEBEE
(we seem to have done very well for large Bees this year, this being 
the sixth species)
 Best identified, or so I am told by my friend Mr Gifford,
by the long proboscis.
 SNOW PTARMIGAN
Our friend Chris Cook, formally of Puncknowle, Dorset and now
firmly established in Tokyo, Japan, writes to tell of the hiking season
just beginning in his adopted country along with another fabulous photograph.
Thank You Chris and good to hear from you once again.
While we pride ourselves here at the Bagsy Blog in publishing nothing that would be remotely offencive to anyone, there comes a time when simple good humour just overtakes all else. We thank Willie Wine for sending this snippet and personally I have not stopped laughing at yet!
 Despite the 'signature', this just smacks of being Australian!
No offence meant - just your style of humour.
Entry            Pageviews
United States
                 689
United Kingdom
                 636
Germany
                   82
Estonia
                   60
Russia
                   58
India
                   22
Canada
                   13
Greece
                   11
China
                   10
Australia
                     8

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Bless! Congratulations Capt....
    To you and your family...! Lovely!

    I love children....Well! I used to be one,
    and, l went to school with them....! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you Willie and still laughing at the 'clip'!

    ReplyDelete