Tuesday 20 October 2020

Garden - Groundhogs

It has been busy out there, no complaints about that, but maybe time for a short sabbatical, with no pay and no foreign travel as is the norm! In fact just the wanderings around the 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdI2aRDEBZ4

GARDEN - GROUNDHOGS

over the last few days as something of a filler!

My garden is all overgrown and the weeds are creeping up on my home.
Grass has grown over two foot high and the trees are blocking out the sky.
French windows won't open any more  from the moss that's grown outside the door,
A hundred birds are nesting in the trees, looks like a wild-life sanctuary.
Along with the Cettis Warbler/s, Tawny Owl, Kestrel and the odd Common Buzzard

Pride of Place has surely gone to the occassionally seen

FIRECREST
and a fine looking male at that
and not to be outdone there have also been multipuls of
GOLDCREST
probably amounting to a minimum of 4 individuals which together with the above make for  

Great Britains smallest birds. The ubiquitous

HOUSE SPARROW
is ever present making daily sorties to the inside of the Chicked Coup to capitalise on the groceries, but not so the
GREENFINCH
which departed en-massbefore the month began,
good then to 'clock' this individual.

But I'm not going to cut a single blade of the grass, 

my garden will look just like the distant past.

Before the days of agricultural land,

before the time when pebbles turned to sand.
When I leave this house I'm going to stay,

I'm forsaking my comforts to live another way,
Get my clothes from heaps, my food from bins,

my water from ponds and have tramps for all my friends.

We hear more

DUNNOCKs
than we see, as was the case in this instance,
with yet another vocal bird.
EVER PRESENT
BLACKBIRD
and
SONG THRUSH
numbers are slowly being augmented by cousins from the north
but what we are awaiting now are other relatives such as
Redwing and Fieldfare
which we will endeavour to bring to you on arrival.
Not giving any one of these a moments peace is the ever watchful
KESTREL
remembering
"the hungry must be fed"!

No comments:

Post a Comment