Sunday 6 October 2013

Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' ev'rybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day hey,hey, hey
My tenure as Lord of the Manor was short lived as most of the revellers were home before midnight at which time I was still enjoying the Boxing on this fancy TV they have here. By that time a whole bottle of McGuigan Bin No578 2012 Merlot had taken residence in it rightful stowage along with a bag of Kettles Crisps and a Smoked Salmon sandwich at which stage I too was ready for the hammock. Barely a wink of 'noddy', during which time had the Owls been 'calling' I would undoubtedly have heard them, so as dawn arrived all I was fit for was tending the Moth Trap. The results from this will be combined with a later post, but after this I had no inclination even to venture the 2 miles (drive) to the Avon Causeway to check for Egyptian Geese. Resigned to an easy day and a heavy lean on the archive photos I was in for something of a cultural and entertaining shock.
After yesterday's nuptials along with Hugh and Janet I was invited
to a late Wedding Lunch up at
PARLEY COURT MANOR.
The crowd was already gathering and as I had never visited the 
'inner sanctum' took some time to wander round.
I didn't need a 'second calling' when the dinner gong struck,
and CHEF was quick to avail me a 'grit big dollop'
of the fattened Pig which most certainly didn't die in vane.
We were all soon sat down to a fine meal including a particularly
good Rioja after which there was time to mingle (no second asking
there either) and meet some lovely people.
Unbelievable, I can remember most of the names of those met
 but as they know who they are and the readership won't know one 
from the other I'll happily save my own time, except to say this is
 
part of the NEW ZEALAND CONTINGENT
on the Grooms side - Welcome once again to England!
 More views of the grounds before I got to meet
 SHAUNA MULLINS
 and the bride ZARA PITMAN (nee Dampney)
Seen here with JANET, DARYL and CATH.
 
 Great Britain's Ladies pairs Beach Volleyball
 OLYMPIANS
 Wiki shot of Shauna and Zara in their glory days.
Special Note:- while Shauna has now discontinued playing, Zara
tells me she is training hard for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janiero,
Brazil along with Coach and now husband Kirk Pitman.
 A fantastic afternoon thanks to Hugh's brother and sister in law
 TRELAWNEY and GWEN
PLEASE SHUT THE GATE ON LEAVING!
Entry          Pageviews
United Kingdom
              1029
United States
                378
Russia
                  63
France
                  26
Canada
                  24
China
                  19
Estonia
                  17
Germany
                  14
Australia
                  11
Greece
                  11

No comments:

Post a Comment